Remediation Service in New Jersey
Mold Remediation Service in New Jersey
They are two words that New Jersey homeowners despise: mold and mildew. Whatever you call it, this is the growth of organic micro bacteria that accumulate in damp, dark spaces. With a mold remediation company, such as Jersey Shore Waterproofing, you can utilize our mold removal service so that these issues are a thing of the past.
As more and more people recognize these problems in their basements, it poses the question of just how harmful moldy substances are. The fact of the matter is that moldy residue can cause a property to become unlivable and it can also pose a serious health risk to the people residing within a house that has mildew. These substances release and harbor irritating particles, allergens, and even mycotaxins, which are potentially fatal chemical compounds. Even a minute amount of these materials can lead to:
- Itchy nose, eyes, skin, and throat
- Irritability in the nose, eyes, skin, and throat
- Splotchy skin
- Infections of the sinuses, as well as sinusitis and nasal congestion
- Sneezes and coughs
- Infective upper and lower respiratory systems
- Migraines and intermittent headaches
- Memory issues, concentration issues
- Changes in mood
- Anxious and depressive thoughts
- Acute soreness and pain
- Trouble digesting food and beverages
These issues are due to the moldy material lingering in your nasal passageways and airways. Moreover, the particles can cling to skin and clothing, so that you transport it with you to different rooms in the house. The need for mold removal service in New Jersey is crucial, as summer houses, greenhouses, and high humidity areas are highly susceptible. Our well-practiced and reliable mold remediation company is well-versed in treating basements, underneath appliances, laundry rooms, bathrooms, beneath carpeting and rugs, around ceilings, within walls and paneling, and inside duct systems. Contact us today to resolve your moldy mayhem!
Mold and Mildew are words that are often used interchangeably. They are generic terms for many micro-organism, such as fungi, algae, rusts, yeasts, and often bacteria that feed on organic matter.
Can Mold Cause Health Problems?
Mold can cause potential health problems and even cause a home to be uninhabitable. Some mold can produce allergies, irritants, and in some cases a potentially toxic chemical substance known as mycotaxins.
With exposure, even in small amounts, mold may cause:
- Itching or irritation of the nose, eyes, throat or skin
- Mysterious skin rashes
- Sinus infections or congestions/sinusitis (runny nose)
- Respiratory problems (sneezing and coughing)
- Upper and lower respiratory infections
- Frequent headaches
- Trouble concentrating, memory lapses, confusion
- Mood swings, anxiety, depression
- Chronic aches and pains
- Digestive problems
Where is Mold found in the home?
- Basements, kitchens (bottom of fridge), around bathroom vanities, washer/dryer area
- The underside of carpets and pads
- The surface of walls behind furniture (where condensation forms)
- Ceilings and the top side of ceiling tiles
- Front and back side of dry wall, wall paper or paneling
- Inside HVAC systems and duct work